1948 chevrolet fleetline

Lowrider
Item Posts    Sort Order

1948 chevrolet fleetline

handball handball
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 08/04/07
11:32 PM

Hi I have a 1948 chevy fleetline I need help locating the vin number for this vechicle I am trying to register my ride but I have to title to it so if someone could please let me know where I can locate the vin number to my ride I would be so grateful
Thank you In advanced
Jose  

manny4877cars manny4877cars
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 10/18/07
09:20 PM

Hello,the vin plate is located on the passenger hinge post,right above the lower hinge.I have have 2-48's, a 47 and seen many more and thats where they were.If you need more info or help just get in touch with me.  

sheila sheila
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/03/08
09:55 AM

the tag for the vin is missing, would there be another place I might look?  

sheila sheila
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/03/08
09:58 AM

I have a 1948 chevy and can not find a vin number.  The tag where it was is missing any where else I might look?  

manny4877cars manny4877cars
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 01/13/08
08:43 PM

1st off, is it a truck or car?  

fgomez58 fgomez58
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 01/28/12
10:29 AM

Jose, I'm new to this site so forgive me for writing to you--it's just that you're the first site I came to. Anyway, I live in Ft Lauderdale, Florida and I'm looking for a 1946-1948 Chevy Fleetline Aero Sedan 2 door. I'm gonna be 60 years old in September and I wanna give myself that car for my birthday Smile I've been looking for this kind of car for a while and can't seem to get people to respond when I write to see if their car is still for sale or not.
Here's what I'm looking for:  I am looking for a project car that already has a new undercarriage on it. Maybe a 350 w a tilt wheel column? Of course I am looking to make it drop all the way to the ground.
Jose, any suggestions you could make would really help me out.
Soy Mexicano, but live in Ft Lauderdale. My email is fidel@calvaryftl.org. I'm an Assistant Pastor at Calvary Chapel Ft Lauderdale. Check out our site www.calvaryftl.org  Please respond to my email address since I don't know how to navigate around this site too well.
Muchas Gracias  

Albcar Albcar
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/12
Posted: 02/27/12
12:11 PM

I am having trouble registering a 1948 Chevy Fleetline.  I bought it in Albuquerque, New Mexico but the car is from California.  The person I bought it from bought it from a person in California.  The buyer is getting married and now cannot afford the car.  So I bought it from him and had the police here to a VIN check so I can register it.  
The police officer here says that the VIN number tag does not look right so he designated it as a non-identifiable VIN number.  He told me I could keep that car as a “parts car” but said it was “un-registerable.”  But the car was registered in California.???  I talked to the motor vehicle department in California and determined all the information was correct on the Title – the license plate matches the Title info.  If I send a photo of the VIN number can anyone tell if it looks right?  Or if it looks like anyone’s?   Or can anyone see what is wrong with it?   Thank you.  Don’t know where to turn.  

oldies oldies
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/12
Posted: 05/03/12
05:57 PM

hey man, if you have the title i would suggest you make a trip to cali, if it is already registered there then keep it there, in Albuquerque, the mvd sucks, the car probably has a switched out motor and if so the vin would not match on the title or the motor.which would be where the vin is also located other then the door. once you title it again all you would need to register in New Mexico is proof of title, registration and residency. I buy oldies all the time and register them up in cali, once it is time to register the vehicle again i use my New Mexico address.  

oldies oldies
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/12
Posted: 05/04/12
03:20 PM

Hey Fidel, I read your text  and don't know if this will help you but I have a 1942 2 door fleet-line 85% RESTORED and running. I live in Las Vegas, New Mexico. I am asking 25,000 due to the rarity of this vehicle. If you are interested let me know.
my email is greeneyes_maxibaby@yahoo.com i will also send pics once i hear back from you!  

MRSJAM13 MRSJAM13
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/14
Posted: 07/18/14
10:55 AM

The vin tag for the fleetlines is under the hood on the firewall on the passenger side. Usually riveted from the factory.  Numerical prefix in serial indicates assembly plant as follows:
Flint, Michigan
Tarrytown, New York
St. Louis, Missouri
Kansas City, Missouri
Oakland, California
Atlanta, Georgia
Norwood, Ohio
Baltimore, Maryland
Janesville, Wisconsin
Serial numbers: 2 digit prefix for model year 48=1948
followed by a dash and 4 numbers indicating body type. These 4 numbers could also have a Letter suffix indicating trim or equipment options. Serial numbers for Stylemasters were FJ-1001 to FJ-30590, Serial numbers for Fleetmasters were FK-1001 to FK-81603. (Fleetline was a sub-series of Fleetmaster and included in the Fleetmaster numbers). All Fleetmaster body type numbers began with 21.
FJ Stylemaster.
FK Fleetmaster
Stylemaster Body Style Numbers
1504 2 Door Business Coupe
1524 2 Door Sport Coupe
1502 2 Door Town Sedan
1503 4 Door Sport Sedan
Fleetmaster Body Style Numbers
2103 4 Door Sport Sedan
2102 2 Door Town Sedan
2124 2 Door Sport Coupe
2134 2 Door Convertible